The mission of the program is to prepare real estate professionals that play a key role in the development of the built environment as well as in the enhancement of the quality of urban living through the transformation and effective management of real estate, construction, and infrastructure resources.
The main objectives of the study program are the following:
• To develop unique interdisciplinary skills for effective and professional management of real estate and infrastructure resources that enhance and transform the quality of urban living;
• To equip students with unique skills to manage and develop wealth in the context of built environment by effectively addressing the challenges of urban sprawl and changing urban demographics;
• To enable students to develop their knowledge and skills in a spectre of disciplines in the field of real estate law, real estate economics and finance, real estate valuation, real estate registration, and infrastructure management;
• To enable students to gain knowledge and skills in the design and implementation of municipal, energy, road, and social infrastructure in various real estate development projects;
• To enable students to understand the main determinants that affect housing markets and prices such as demography, household disposable income and interest rates;
• To enable students to gain knowledge in facility management, maintenance and operation;
• To develop passion in students for research and innovation in the field of real estate management so they can become the change agents of the construction industry;
On successful completion of this programme students should be able to:
• Demonstrate an understanding and be able to interpret the laws, rules, and regulations under which the industry operates from the managerial perspective;
• Understand the architectural designs that add value to the real estate;
• Learn to effectively plan and develop space, built environment, and infrastructure within the scope of urban sprawl, changing demographics, migration, and scarce natural resources;
• Gather and interpret data of financial real estate transactions to establish judgments related to real estate investments;
• Apply different methods of real estate valuation;
• Understand how to apply various marketing channels to sell real estate products;
• Understand how main determinants affect housing prices such as demography, net migration, and spatial planning;
• Communicate with the accountant in the preparation of financial statements and financial department for cost-optimization accounting for internal purposes;
• Critically evaluate the public-private partnership contracts;
• Work in teams in preparation and execution of real estate and infrastructure development projects;
• Critically analyse a real estate phenomenon through various disciplinary perspectives;
Remark: The program is accredited with the decision of State Council of Quality for a duration of three years 2021-2024 with 80 study places allowed. Decision on accreditation from State Council of Quality can be found here.
REMARK: The study program is also licensed by Ministry of Education as required by Administrative Directive on Licensing of Private Bearers of Higher Education in Kosovo. The decision on licensing can be found here.